We are excited to announce the keynote speakers and agenda for Kafka Summit NYC on May 8th!
Mirroring the growth of Apache Kafka®, we received an overwhelming number of speaking submissions, many from leading companies who are driving enterprise adoption. It was a tough job for the Committee to choose just 24 sessions across 3 tracks: systems, streaming data pipelines and stream processing.
Here are the keynote speakers and a few agenda highlights:
Keynote addresses from:
- Ferd Scheepers, Chief Information Architect, ING
- Jay Kreps, co-creator of Apache Kafka and CEO at Confluent
- Neha Narkhede, co-creator of Apache Kafka and CTO at Confluent
Agenda highlights showcasing real-world Kafka use cases:
- “Kafka in the Enterprise | What if it Fails?” with Anton Gorshkov, Goldman Sachs
- “Billions of Messages a Day: Yelp’s Real-time Data Pipeline” with Justin Cunningham, Yelp
- “Data Processing at LinkedIn with Apache Kafka” with Joel Koshy, LinkedIn
- “Achieving predictability and compliance with the data distribution hub” with Rajesh Kaveti, Bank of New York Mellon
- “Every message counts; Kafka as a foundation for highly reliable logging at Airbnb” with Youssef Francis of Airbnb
As you can see, a big theme for the event is running Kafka in demanding scenarios where high reliability is required — from banks to AirBnB, everyone counts on Kafka to be highly reliable and neither duplicate nor miss a single message. Other talks focus on high-performance scenarios, microservices, security and a wide variety of stream processing applications.
The full agenda can be found here.
Many thanks to the Program Committee for all their hard work and time in putting together this awesome agenda:
- Becket Qin, Senior Software Engineer, LinkedIn
- Ben Lorica, Chief Data Scientist, O’Reilly Media
- Frances Perry, Software Engineer, Google
- Grant Henke, Software Engineer, Cloudera
- Jun Rao, Co-Founder, Confluent
- Michael Noll, Product Manager, Confluent
- Neha Narkhede, CTO and Co-Founder, Confluent
- Rajini Sivaram, Principal Software Engineer, Pivotal
- Todd Palino, Staff Site Reliability Engineer, LinkedIn
In addition to the main conference day, there are a number of other activities to participate in:
- Tutorial: Sunday, May 7, 1pm – 5pm ET
- Hackathon: Sunday, May 7, 6pm – 10pm ET
- Formation for both Operations and Developers – Tuesday-Thursday, May 9-11, 9am – 4:30pm ET
You won’t want to miss the latest and greatest from the Apache Kafka and stream processing community! Don’t forget, advance registration ends February 28th. Inscrivez-vous dès maintenant to save $100 off the conference fee.
We look forward to seeing you in New York on May 8th.